Friday, November 12, 2010

My other machine

over a year ago all of us Renegades were going to a quilt camp & i wanted to make pillow cases & pj pants. so my cousin, Lynette who has a serger offered to bring hers to camp for me to use. needless to say it was love a first sew. i serged up the pillow cases and pj pants in no time flat & made the decision that i was getting a serger. my friend Sharon used it as well and fell in love just like me. so a few months went by & we made the trek to the sewing machine store & both came home with a serger. we just got the basic model but it does everything that i want it to do and i LOVE it.
i had bought some home dec fabric 100 yrs ago for new living room pillows. well, i finally have serged up those pillows & i love them so much that i went & got some more fabric to make some more pillows.
i got more of the floral fabric - i love the bright orange, red and green flowers on it.
i think that a serger is a great machine to have. once you learn how to thread them you are good to go. everyone in my family got pj pants last year for Christmas & i am sort of leaning that way again this year...... maybe
********
on another note,
in 4 days i leave for my last quilt camp of the year. we are headed back to Palouse Divide Lodge & there will be 39 of us. this weekend i will be crazy busy prepping my projects for 5 solid days of sewing. i know that i will be making some bags but other then that i have nothing planned out. crazy i know.... me not planning.... what has come over me????

No comments: