Sunday, November 14, 2010

Currently my favorite....

i showed this pic within the last week or so.....
a quilt that i had been quilting myself.
i didn't put the yummy fabrics together. it was a kit that i got from........ i can't remember where. anyways, it was a kit & i had sewed up the top over a year ago at a quilt camp & put it in my tub of tops to be quilted thinking at the time that i would send it out to be quilted.
over this past year or so i have learned more about machine quilting & i am starting to enjoy it more & more. so, i decided to tackle this quilt myself. once i got it all basted i fell in love with it all over again. its totally me.
sorry for the bad pics, i was pushing it to get outside before it got to dark.
i shadow quilted the petals & then replicated the petals in the smaller plain blocks as well as the final boarder. i used a decorative stitch in the striped boarder using a variegated green thread in the light green areas.
by no means is it perfect but quilting is a learning process & i am loving it. i am pushing myself out of my comfort zone & i think i am getting a little better with every quilt.
i pieced the back with all of the scraps & its like i have a separate quilt. i love the back as well.
i really love this quilt. i know i already said it but its true. its currently my favorite quilt & will more then likely hold that spot for awhile. maybe forever.
********
getting ready for quilt camp is still a work in process. we leave Wednesday morning at 6am. i have some stuff ready but need to work on more.

3 comments:

KarrieLyne said...

I know exactly how you feel about loving a quilt so much!! Its a great feeling to finish something that you love so dearly! Congrats on such a beautiful quilt!

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, Ann! I love the fabrics, and your quilting looks great! It's so much fun to decide on a quilting design, isn't it?

I envy you your time at quilt camp - it sounds like so much fun..... ;-)

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com