new years resolutions
Wikipedia defines this as a commitment that a person makes to one or more lasting personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. this goal must be reached by the Next New Year. keep in mind that this is a goal, not a wish and should be something that you as a person could strive for.
do you make new years resolutions?
i usually do. in the past they have always been along the lines of learning something new, challenging myself, or just plain nonsense. i really haven't given much thought to them this year until last night and then again today after a conversation with Someone. i think that what i have decided upon falls within Wikipedia's definition of a new years resolution. not that it really matters because in reality the resolutions are mine and mine alone.
so.... i give you my list
1. sell my house
2. continue blogging
3. spend more time with these monsters
4. see DMB more then i did in 2011
5. (maybe) travel some
all of these are actual things that i can physically do.
now for the things that are more mental and emotional.
1. to rise above the little things
2. continue to live in the present. the past is just that. the past. the future is unknown so why spend time worrying about the unknown. it will be what it is.
3. spend my energy on the things that i can control
4. live for myself. make choices for myself rather then based on someone else's needs. i am not being selfish here. i just don't want to live how certain people think i should live just to please them.
2011 seemed to blow by me with lots of changes and challenges. some not the greatest while others were mind blowingly awesome. i want to take the positive from 2011 on into 2012. i want to go after what i want and see where i land. so i know that 2012 will also bring lots of changes as well as some challenges - however as the saying goes 'if you always do what you have always done then you will always get what you have always got.' i am tired of what i have always got and i want something different and i am the only one who can make that happen.
above all i want to make 2012 the best year yet.