Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WIP Wednesday

happy, happy, happy

thats me today. why you ask? because i am having a mini quilt camp at my house starting tomorrow. yep, 2 of my best quilting buds are coming over & camping out. well only one is staying at my place but the other will be here to sew & just go home to sleep in her own bed. i don't blame her there. so we have our food all planned out & i have been rearranging the sewing cave to accommodate the 3 of us.


enough of that onto what i worked on this past week. i finally finished the applique on this truck & tractor quilt for my dad. i appliqued 16 wheels on & some of them were the nubby kind. but i got it done. it has been basted & is ready for quilting.

i am continuing to making progress on the flying geese.



i might get that top together over the next 4 days.




something else that i hope to get done is my block for the Sister's quilt block challenge. for some insane reason i am drawing a blank on what to do with the fabric above. i am hoping that my quilting buddies will have some ideas.


i have my fabric all cut & ready for my 2nd H2H top. i will get that sewed up & ready to be quilted by this weekend. i have my 1st H2H top ready to be quilted as well.


i have to also share my latest & greatest purchase. its some of Ty's fabric. need i say more? when i 1st saw it - it was love at 1st sight. but, i hadn't bought any of it. until the Fat Quarter Shop put it on sale. can i just say that i love that place. like the majority of my fabric purchases lately i have no idea what i am going to do with it but i finally got some.

i will post some updates on our mini quilt camp. it will probably resemble a sweat shop instead of a camp but the end result will be the same.

"When I step into the light my eyes searching wildly"

1 comment:

diane said...

Have a fun quilt camp...mini style. I also took advantage of the Fat Quarter Shop's sale on Ty's fabric. We'll have to share design ideas. I bought the orange and brown color way