Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sister's Part 2 (the purchases) & Some Gifts

this past week was my birthday & i got a few quilt related gifts for that. the French General kit & the new Buggy Barn book i thought were gifts to myself but i later found out that someone else took care of that bill for me - that was a very nice surprise - many thanks!!!!!

the fat quarters on the left were from my BFF & the green shirt on the right was from a couple of my Renegade buddies. we all go to a quilt camp that one night at dinner everyone is to wear red - well i don't follow the rules very well so they all got red shirts & got me a green one - i LOVE it!!!!

the little purse picture frame & green fat quarter is from a Renegade as well. very fitting i thought since i am a purse fanatic as well as a green freak.



the following pics are of my Sister's trip purchases - you don't realize how much you bought until you unpack it all & start taking pics of it - wow! needless to say i have a bit of sewing to get done.



i only bought 3 patterns but i LOVE each of them. the quilt pattern can be made using fat quarters, jelly rolls, layer cakes or charm packs.



several green fat quarters & fat eighths for my asterisk quilt.



yardage of some good basic browns - we all know i don't like setting blocks in light fabric.



some more owl or as my niece calls it "who who" fabric - perhaps a bag - & yes Sharon i did buy this on the trip it was just folded in with some other fabric.



no plans for this fabric - i just LOVED it & had to have it.



same as above - but these colors are so not my norm but i was drawn to them & they were on sale so i got some yardage - maybe a stack & whack.



i fell in LOVE with this line last year & didn't buy it. it was on sale this year so i got some. again, no plans.



maybe some cropped pj pants out of this & a skirt for my niece.



i know, again with the "who who" fabric - no idea but i am starting to build a collection of owl fabric.



refer to comment above



pj pants for myself out of the green snowflake fabric & a pair for my SIL out of the other.

so there you have it. my Sister's trip purchases & potential projects for the upcoming year. i personally have another rule about Sister's & it is just for myself. i (ideally) like to finish/use everything i have purchased from the prior year before i make the trek next year. we will see how i do.......

i took my Bernnina in to have it serviced yesterday & left it there & when i say there i am referring to Spokane which is 2 hours away from me. i didn't know how to behave without a sewing machine in my house so i went to my parents & got my old Viking to use until i get my baby back. crazy i know but what can i say.

i head to Houston on Sunday for work then after that trip i am home for most of August - so the month of August will be devoted to sewing. i can't believe that August is going to be here so soon - crazy scary.

i hope everyone has a great next week or so & i will be back at the machine before i know it - darn job anyways!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

I wish I could find some of that owl fabric - I've got a niece who loves owls, and I can't find any of it anywhere!! Can you share the designer/line of those fabrics you found? Maybe I can find them online...

Nancy said...

Ann,

Thanks for joining my blog.

Nancy

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com