Tuesday, June 18, 2013

City Sampler QA

here are blocks 7, 8 and 9 from the Tula Pink City Sampler QA that i am doing.

block #7 gave me a bit of trouble with picking the right fabric.  like i said in an earlier post i am trying hard to stick to Tula's color choices because i love her quilt from the book.  the browns in block #7 were not the issue for me.  it was the four corners that i just couldn't seem to get right.  in Tula's block the corners are Parisville.  in looking for color i picked the following for the corners the 1st time.


when it came time to sew the block i wasn't feeling my 1st choice.  it was reading too much teal/blue and not enough green for me.  so i came up with a 2nd choice and made the block.


still not 100% happy with it but in the overall scheme of the quilt with 100 blocks it shouldn't be an issue.

then i came across this.


a roll-up of Parisville.

side note - i have moved all of my mail sewing stuff to my new location however i have not moved all of my fabrics to my new location.  i thought all of my Tula fabric was in one container but to my surprise and luck it wasn't.

i un-sewed block #7.  found the exact fabric in the roll-up.  cut it and sewed it and now i am at peace with block #7.

in this case the third time really is the charm.



block #8




block #9




i have blocks 10, 11 and 12 cut and ready to sew.

happy sewing

1 comment:

Sophia Mia said...


Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.