Monday, July 25, 2011

Hands 2 Help Update

I JUST REALIZED THAT I TOOK DOWN THIS POST.......... NO IDEA WHY.... SEE I REALLY DON'T HAVE A BRAIN......

the Hands 2 Help Charity Challenge quilts have been shipped. whew. i wasn't sure if i was going to get that done before i leave for California tomorrow. in the box is a total of 4 quilts. 3 from me and this 1 from my friend Barb.
Barb did a simple Turning Twenty. i love how it shows off the fabric & the quilting on it is amazing. it was done by a local quilter.



her backing fabric is adorable as well. very fun & playful.



this is my 3rd one finished. i think i showed pics of the top awhile back. i finally got it quilted and bound. i had a fight with my machine on this one. breaking threads, needles and such. it think its time for a much needed service.



so, there are the 4 of them. ready for their new homes in Romania. i love the idea that someone in another part of this world will find comfort in something that i made.


i know that we are all busy with life & such but if you have the chance to help someone with the comfort of a quilt. do it. take the time. it will be time well spent.




a huge THANK YOU to Sarah from Confessions of a Fabric Addict for putting this all together. Sarah you are an amazing person who has one of the biggest hearts i know of. i am so lucky that our paths crossed in blogland.

3 comments:

Larissa said...

These quilts are gorgeous girls!!

Talin's Corner said...

The quilts are beautiful. I am sure the recipients will love them.

Shannon said...

I love them!! You ladies did great!