Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday

about a year ago at a quilt camp i met this great group of quilters who have a quilt shop about 45 minutes from me. sad to say, but it has taken me almost a year to get there. its called Material Girls Quilting & its a great shop with fabric, supplies, patterns, a big classroom & an accuquilt Studio Fabric Cutter. they rent out the cutter so people like me can come & chop up their fabric. so this past Saturday my friend Sharon & i had a road trip to Material Girls Quilting to use their cutter.
i got this fat quarter bundle sometime ago & really didn't know what i was going to do with it - shocking i know. it caught my eye, i liked the colors & it was on sale. so while i was thinking about what i wanted to cut on the machine this bundle came to mind & the tumbler dye came to mind as well.

so, in about 10 minutes i had my 20 fat quarters cut up into tumblers. the Studio Fabric Cutter is amazing. you can cut between 8 & 10 layers at a time.

my next fabric that i picked to hack up on the machine was my Poppy fat quarters & i knew i wanted to do drunkards path with them.

they were a little more time consuming getting them on the dye. the way i folded the fat quarter on the dye i was able to get 2 blocks out of 1 fat quarter with very little waste.

i think that these will be fun to put together & see how they look. i have no idea when they will get put together but they are cut & this is something that i would never take the time to do by hand so it was well worth the trip there.

this is Sharon getting her fabric ready for the machine.

this past week i was able to finish up my postage stamp quilt & i love it. all the fabric came from my stash so i think that is a double bonus.

this is the fabric for my next project. a quilt for my niece who is going to be joining the world in about 7 weeks - that's if she doesn't come early like her big sister did.
********
i am headed to the big city for a couple doctor appointments & i have a gift card to one of my favorite quilt shops that i got for Christmas. check back to see what i get with that gift card.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so cool to have a shop that will let you use there cutter. I love your postage stamp quilt. It is more than a double bonus for using only scraps.

Sarah Craig said...

Good looking projects, Ann! How lucky to find a place where they'll let you use the Go" Studio!!

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com