Friday, February 4, 2011

Some New Things

had to go to the big city this past week & so i stopped at one of my favorite quilt shops while i was there & this is what i got.
Amy Butler's new book. i have seen a few bags made from this book online & i knew i had to have this book. i have paged through it a few times & i am excited to make some of them - heck all of them. i already have the perfect fabric for the Cosmo bag - i just hope i have enough of it......
i also got this fabric while i was at the shop. the top 3 were all on sale 30% off. the blue one is from the same line that i cut my tumblers from using the Studio cutter. i will use this for a boarder & binding for that quilt. the other 2 greens will be pj pants - i think. the brown is just for the stash.

yesterday in the mail i received my 1st block back from my Let's Bee Together online quilting bee. its from Shannon & i love how it looks. i am looking forward to the others arriving.
********
this weekend i have to work some of it but the rest of it will be spent sewing - working on my nieces quilt. what are you doing this weekend? something fun & exciting, maybe some sewing or watching the super bowl?

4 comments:

Staci said...

This weekend I'll be making a Bee block for SOMEONE out of adorable Make Life fabric. Hmmm. . . wonder who that will be for. . . ???

Joyce said...

That looks like a fun book. I do love Amy Butler fabrics.

Queen_B said...

I will be preparing for trip to Vegas. If you come up to see Grandma give me a call and come over and meet "Big Bertha" (the long arm). Love your blog!

Shannon said...

I am so glad that you like it. It sure was fun playing with your fabric!!