Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bee Blocks & A Tip

this past week i got 3 more bee blocks in the mail from my Let's Bee Together group.
1st up is this one from Colleen
next is this one from Mollie
last but not least this one from Wendy
i am very please with how all of the blocks are turning out.
thanks ladies you all have done a great job!!!!
********
TIP ALERT
yep, you read that right. i have a tip to share with all of you. its not my tip but its a tip that i found on a blog that i read. i was over at Red Pepper Quilts which is a blog that i read often & i came across this post. at the end of the post Rita talks about the type of gloves she wears when machine quilting. to my shock & awe they are work gloves that have rubber on the palms of them as well as the fingers. i read that post & thought 'why not'. so off to the hardware store i went where i bought these.
not the brand that Rita talks about in the post however they work amazingly well. better then any machine quilting gloves i have tried in the past. the best part is that they are about 1/2 the price of 'quilting gloves'.
i have so much more control over the quilt with these. my hands do not slip at all. thanks Rita for sharing such a great tip. i suggest everyone give these gloves a try.

4 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Good tip! I've bought those at Walmart, too! I'll have to pick up a pair and give them a try...

Talin's Corner said...

Great tip! It's amazing what the hardware store has for us quilters.

Shannon said...

Those blocks look great. I can't wait to see the top finished. I use those gloves for working in the yard and I was wondering if they would work. Well thank you for trying them out now I will get a new pair for quilting. LOL!!

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com