Friday, December 28, 2012

Looking Back & Moving Forward

looking back

on January 1st of this year i did a blog post titled 'Resolutions'.  in that post i listed five things that i wanted to do this year.
1.  sell my house
going on the market shortly
2.  continue blogging
did so - so on this one
3.  spend more time with these monsters
i think i accomplished this
who wouldn't want to spend time with these two

4.  see DMB more then i did in 2011
i didn't make this one but priorities change
5.  (maybe) travel some
Houston, Chicago, Orlando, Seattle, Las Vegas

in that same blog post i also listed four resolutions that were mental or emotional things that i wanted to strive towards.

1.  to rise above the little things
2.  continue to live in the present
3.  spend my energy on the things that i can control
4.  live for myself

i do believe that i have been true to the four items listed above and i plan to stay on that path.  keeping those four things in mind helps me to realize just how small some problems/issues really are. 

the first part of 2012 was calm and quiet compared to the last half.  i long for calm and quiet again.  i know that it is somewhere in my future.

the passing of my grandfather in July was hard.  he was 98 and it was his time to go, but knowing that hasn't made it any easier.  shortly after that my family faced some challenges that we are still working through and will follow us into 2013.  

in October my dad unexpectedly passed away and changed all of our lives forever. i miss him every second, every minute, every day.

my post from January 1st 2012 said "i know that 2012 will also bring lots of changes as well as some challenges".  at the time i wrote that i never thought there would be so many tough times ahead for me.  for the past 6 months i have been overwhelmed with emotion from the changes in my life.  some days it takes everything I have just to get through it.

minute by minute
hour by hour
day by day
week by week

with each passing week i move forward into my new life not knowing the answers to a multitude of questions.  hoping and praying for the pain to lessen and for some sense of normalcy to return to my life.

moving forward

4 comments:

Teresa Silva said...

Ann,I will be praying for you to heal the pain. What a tough time you've been through but know in time you will feel better. I've lost both my parents and it was the toughest time of my life. Continue to find time to sew. That always helped me through my pain. Hugs to you!

Sarah Craig said...

Ann, as always, you are in my prayers. I still miss my father daily (he died fifteen years ago) but I love to see him pop up in things my granddaughter does and says - her love for airplanes and boats, for example. So he's still with me, even though he's gone....

Unknown said...

I can feel your pain, my father also passed away unexpectedly in May. Some days are harder than others, but I have come to realize even if he's not here on this Earth anymore, I know he is always with me in spirit, and I have the memories to share with my children. I hope this New Year will bring wonderful happy times for you and your family, and that you find plenty of time to sew.
Marianne

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com