Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday

i have been thinking for sometime now about doing a weekly post to keep me motivated in my quilting life.
1st i thought about a stash report on Sunday's like several bloggers do. but then i got to thinking..... do i really want to have to publish those numbers for everyone to see? do i really want to see the in-coming verses the out-going? is that something i really want to share? i came up with the same answer to all of them NO.
so, that lead me to my next option WIP Wednesday's.
for those that don't know what WIP is - it stands for Work In Process.
this will keep me motivated to sew throughout the week so i have something to share with you each Wednesday.
so without further ado.......
(drum roll)
my 1st WIP Wednesday
********
i have finally finished the quilting on my charm pack quilt along that i did following Karrie's instructions over at Freckled Whimsy. last night i finished sewing around the quilt & trimmed it.

now its ready for binding.

and so are these other 2 quilts which i have had done for sometime. needless to say this next week i will focus on getting these bound.
********
Rachel over at p.s. i quilt is hosting another quilt along. this one is a postage stamp quilt. i have always wanted to make one of these so i joined up. Rachel is teaching it using 2 jelly rolls, however me being the renegade that i am & wanting to use my stash for this quilt i went digging. and here is what i came up with.

yep, a bunch of green fabrics - well over 40 & some brown quilter's linen to use as my solid. i am very happy to report that all of this came from my stash.
now its time for me to get caught up with the quilt along which i plan to do this weekend.
come back next Wednesday & check my progress.

1 comment:

Sarah Craig said...

Oooh, Ann, I am experiencing some very lustful feelings over those greens and the brown quilter's linen - that is going to be a gorgeous quilt!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!