Sunday, January 16, 2011

kicking off 2011

i am having a slow kick-off to 2011 with regards to sewing.
buying fabric is another story.
********
at the end of 2010 i heard about another online sewing bee. it had openings & so i joined up with the group. its called Let's Bee Together.
this is my 1st block for the group & its Linda's block.
my month is February so i have been getting my fabric ready & block pattern picked.
********
i belong to another online sewing bee. its called Bee Splendid & this month is Molly's month. below are the blocks that i made for her.

now for the other story. the fabric purchases so far in 2011.
if you don't shop online for your fabric you are missing out. there were some fabulous deals to be had at various online shops at year end.

i have a thing for owls & this flannel just screamed pj pants.

i got these 2 flannels at JoAnn's on sale.

some Origins on sale as well as 2 other fabrics for some more pj pants.

i got this kit above from Fat Quarter Shop & is going to be for my new niece who is due to arrive mid March.

last but not least i got this backing for a quilt for my niece who is going to be a big sister in March.
i got all of this fabric at 40% to 50% off. i'm tellin ya checkin out the online fabric shops is totally worth it.
********
i went to Dallas this past week. i took some hand work with me but didn't touch it at all. when i wasn't working i was sleeping even on the planes. i am planning on life getting back to 'normal' over the next week or so. that means getting back to sewing on a regular basis.

3 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Here's to things getting back to normal - I can't wait to see what you make with all that yummy fabric!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Great shopping!! Love the block you made for me!! Thank you so very much!! And I like the blocks you created for Molly too!

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com