Monday, August 9, 2010

Randomness.....

this post is full of randomness..... sort of how my life was this past weekend

but, 1st & foremost this adorable little girl (my niece) is gonna be a big sister in March..... WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO so that means i'm gonna be an aunt again. we are all super excited & already planning a baby shower along with all of the quilty items i can make for the upcoming addition.


yesterday, Sunday, i spent here at the Dahmen Barn in Uniontown, WA helping with a fundraiser. this barn had been in my family for years until my great aunt & uncle donated it to the town of Uniontown 4 or 5 years ago. it is now home to several artists that have studio space there to work & sell their items. there is also a consignment shop in the barn where i sell my bags that i make. it was a lot of work yesterday but well worth it. the money raised will go to improvements on the barn.

i did get some sewing done on Saturday. i got the next 2 blocks made for Amy's Simple Sampler Quilt Along.


this past week my friend Denise (a fellow Renegade) dropped this fabric off to me. its Christmas outfits to go with the paperdoll quilts that the 4 of us made last fall for the little girls in our families. Denise had seen this Christmas paperdoll fabric on vacation & was kind enough to get some for all of us as an i love you present.

thanks Denise - LOVE YA!

i found the fabric below at the Dahmen Barn on Saturday when we were setting up for the fundraiser. being green i had to have it. the best part was the price. 2 1/2 yds for $3 - amazing i know. people are always donating random items to the barn & this was one of them. lucky me!

mr mailman was kind to me this past week & brought me my siggy blocks. i totally LOVE everyone of them. i even took them to work & showed them off. i have been thinking about the layout for these & more then likely won't get to put these together till quilt camp next month.

a SUPER HUGE THANK YOU goes out to Julie for all of her hard work in organzing, sorting & remailing the blocks back to all of us. YOU ROCK!!!


mr mailman was my friend a 2nd time last week when he brought me this big box of yumminess. Natalia of Piece N Quilt was selling her scraps & i was the lucky person who hit purchase 1st. this box is loaded with AWESOME stuff from fabric lines i have wanted to completed blocks. i have sorted it out some & i think i have 6 projects planned for her "scraps".

i also got this block sewed up for my local block swap. i know its simple but that's what i wanted so i could get it done quickly if need be.

last, but not least i have been trimming HST for Karrie's Charm Pack QA. there are 150 of them & i think i am half way through trimming. then it will be on to step 2. i hope to get that done before Sunday when she posts step 3.

so a bunch of randomness this past week.

i hope to spend sometime in my sewing cave this week & knock out the final few blocks for a couple quilt alongs as well as start some quilting on another quilt. i need to make a list of quilt camp projects & start prepping those as well. i can't believe camp will be here in about 5 weeks.

in about 2 weeks i will be heading to Boise to kick off my adventure of 6 DMB shows in 20 days. my younger brother & sil will be going to the Boise show with me & i am pretty sure that they will either disown me or have me committed after attending the show with me. all i ask is for him to wait 20 days to commit me.......

i hope you all have a great week whatever you may be doing!

3 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Looks like you've had a good week, all in all! Love that green fabric, and the paper dolls fabric, and your SS blocks are awesome - what fabric are you using? Oh, and last but hardly least, your niece is a cutie pie!!

Renegade Quilter said...

I am using Hope Valley by Denise Schmidt for the SSAQ. My sashing is going to be an orange print from that line.

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com