Friday, January 2, 2015

Hello 2015

Where in the world did 2014 go?  I feel like I have asked that question for the past couple of years now.  Might be a sign to take and breath and slow down.

some blocks from my Tula Pink City Sampler quilt
A lot of my time the first part of 2014 was spent getting caught up at work and working on estates and learning way too much about the crap that goes along with all of that.  I also focused on getting my legs back underneath myself. Finding my new place in this new chapter of my life.  A word of advice with regards to estates people. Get your crap together, tell the people that need to know about your crap after your gone and put a willing and knowledgeable person in-charge of your crap when your gone.  Life will be hard enough when your gone you don't need to make it any harder.  Seriously it's not fun when the one you have questions for is no longer here or the one in-charge has no idea what to do.  

quilting on my Swoon quilt not done by me
however I am in love with this quilt

It wasn't until the last half of 2014 that I did get back into sewing on a regular basis. That is probably why I only had 8 blog posts last year.  Pathetic. I know.  I do have some finishes that I want to go back and blog about. I need to get pictures and such but that is going on my 'to blog about' list. 

a commission quilt I did 

2014 was a roller-coaster of a ride with some great times scattered in with the challenges.  I got to attend 3 quilt retreats, visit the city of New Orleans to catch a couple of Dave shows, a trip with a friend to Bend to see Dave and hit the quilt shops and I also saw Philip Phillips with my brother and SIL in Boise.  Looking back I have some pretty great memories that make me smile.  I will take the good with the not so good.




Last year I picked the word 'possible' for my word of the year. Last year was a challenging year for me but I did things and worked through things that in all honesty I thought were impossible. With those challenges I learned and I became stronger so I am grateful for that. 

I have a word for 2015 and that is ACTION. Not much can be accomplished without action. So I am looking forward to this year getting things done through taking action. Not sitting watching the world pass me by but instead making things happen by TAKING ACTION.

a coffee bean sack and belt

a Christmas gift made using 




















2015 is going to be another year of changes for me but those changes will be (should be) by my own choice. I am looking forward to see where my changes take me and what actions I need to take to make those changes happen. I hope to continue to sew and create things and I also hope to blog more frequently.  Maybe I can beat my 8 times from 2014.  Fingers crossed.

snip snip
Miss Kate rag quilt
 I hope that 2015 is whatever you want it to be.  I hope it brings you happiness and joy along with great success.

Happy Sewing



2 comments:

Andrea said...

I just followed you on IG after you were posting Tula fabric on thegreatfabric destash. Best wishes on a better 2015! I loved your post on the Dutch Bros. mug. I am going to have to look for one!

Sophia Mia said...


Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.