Saturday, September 15, 2012

Oz.......

its done. its done. its FINALLY done.
what you ask?
my Jaybird hexagon Tula Pink Neptune quilt.
woo hoo!!!!!
i am so happy to have this done finally.  i started this quilt back in 2010 following a quilt along over at jaybirdquilts.com.  Julie took us step by step through the process of making hexagon blocks without using 'Y' seams.

 
i had a Neptune layer cake just waiting for the perfect project and this was it.  i set the hexi blocks in navy which i love.  i think it makes the fabrics pop.  in my layout i knew i wanted to bring the fabric out to the edges of the quilt.  i also had a honey bun of Neptune so i sewed some strips together and did a postage stamp type of boarder to achieve that look.
 
i quilted this quilt myself.  i shadow quilted all of the setting triangles as well as the hexi blocks.  its all free motion so some of the lines are a little wonky but i am ok with that because i am a little wonky myself.

 
i used the remaining strips on the back of the quilt.  i mixed it with some other fabric that i had in my stash that went with Neptune as well as some navy.

 
i was determined to use every one of the hexi blocks that i made in this quilt.  with my layout i had one left.  one single block.  i decided to use it as a label on the back of my quilt.  i just used my machine to embroider the name, year and my name on it.  simple but yet fitting.

 
i bound it in the green life preserver fabric from Neptune.  since this line is hard to find i would buy it whenever i came across it.  knowing i would use it somewhere on this quilt.

 
i love this quilt!!!
'The Oz Quilt'
a quilt made with lots of love and passion.  a quilt that has already been on a trip with me.  a quilt that will be with me for the rest of my journey through this lifetime.
 
happy sewing

2 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

How beautiful, Ann! I love it, and know you'll enjoy having it forever!!

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com