Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIP Wednesday

i have been busy in sewing land the past week.  getting things done & checked off of my to do list.  here are 2 of my bee blocks that needed to get done for August.



both gals wanted wonky star blocks.  so thanks to them the blocks were easy.


this past weekend i knocked out the quilting & binding on this quilt.


i made the top awhile back with a quilt along over at ps i quilt.  but i never got it quilted or bound.



i decided that i needed to get it done so it could come to the Gorge with me this weekend for the Dave Matthews Band shows.

its a little wild & wacky.  sort of like me at the concerts.  so its fitting to be going along.



i also got 3 more of my Cartwheel blocks done.


now i am left with the last 3 that all have frogs in them.  i have all of the frogs traced on the fabric & some of them cut.  maybe during the days this weekend i can work on getting the rest of the frogs cuts out & ready for the blocks.

tomorrow is September 1st.  i have been waiting for September to get here since January.  September is going to be a great month for me.  kicking it off with a long weekend at the Gorge to see my favorite band & spend sometime with friends.  then another long weekend away after that.  a weekend at home then another long weekend at quilt camp.

so not much sewing will be getting done over the next couple of weeks which i am okay with.  i will take my hand work along but if i don't touch it i don't care.  my focus is going to be on other things.

i will still post each Wednesday it just might not be about sewing.

enjoy September everyone.  its about time it got here.

4 comments:

pcflamingo said...

LOVE concerts at the Gorge! The last one I went to was Steely Dan a long time ago. My son was over for Queens of the Stone Age/Sound Garden and some groups I had never heard of (OK, I'm old) a few weeks ago. Love your green and brown quilt - it will be just right for a concert at the Gorge.

Sarah Craig said...

I love your cartwheel blocks, and to think all this time I thought you had finished your lovely green and brown quilt! But what a great thing to finish it in time to take it to The Gorge! Wave to Dave for me!!

Colleen said...

I hope the DSquilts wonky star is for me! It rocks! I love the movement in it! It looks like it is spinning out of control! Too cool!

Bridgette said...

Ann I have to say I LOVE following your Blog. I'm sitting here with a sewing room full of UFO's and didn't have the inspiration to even walk in there until I checked in with you. Yup, hubby is hunting...so off to sew I go.! Love ya girl.! Can't wait for quilt camp. :)