Sunday, March 21, 2010

quilt camp recovery

after 2 full weeks i think i have finally recovered from quilt camp.....

i am sure someone else knows what i am talking about the withdrawls, the exhaustion, the return to everyday life, the dreaded quilt camp hangover........

yes, i suffered from it.....

quilt camp kicked my butt. don't get me wrong i had a great time with a great group of gals it just sucks returning to life after quilt camp.

i did get some stuff done while at camp

3 reversible dresses for my niece
3 pairs of cropped pj pants - 2 for me & 1 for my SIL

2 bags done
the pokadot one is made from kitchen towels
the messenger bag is a Valorie Wells pattern

i made 10 pillow cases
1 for me (moose one on the far right) and 9 for the Million Pillow Case Challenge

left 2 of the 9 w/Material Girls who were at camp... what a great group of ladies

put the binding on this queen size quilt which was a mystery class from 4 years ago - finally done
block #1 for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along

block #2 for the Pinwheel Quilt Along


i also put together a simple quilt top with Simple Abundance but i forgot a pic of that one. i started some blocks from a Buggy Barn pattern (more on those below). & i started 2 skirts for my trip in May - i just need to do the elastic & then the hem.

that was camp stuff

the following weekend my bff came to town to sew
this is what i got done from Fri afternoon till Sun @ noon

block #3 for the Pinwheel Quilt Along

block #4 for the Pinwheel Quilt Along

FINISHED this quilt!!!! quilted and binded it.
it was a buck a block quilt from a LQS totally not my colors but didn't know what the colors were going to be till after i signed up - lesson learned - anyways i set the 12 blocks with 9 patches on a diamond and bordered it up. it was fun to practice my machine quilting on it.
it will end up @ my parent's house for when my niece comes to visit.

i also go started on quilting this ufo from 2 yrs ago. the pattern is Strip Search and its made with Pumpkins Gone Wild. i am about 2/3 of the way done.

here are the blocks i started @ camp i finished putting them together - they need to be trimmed & then arranged so i can put the top together.

and what would 2 weeks be w/out some new additions???
a Freebird charm pack & Hope Valley fat qtrs
i also bought some Woolies flannel fat qtrs from Material Girls @ camp - yep that quilt camp had a quilt shop at it as well - maybe this is standard @ all camps??? is it???

this past week i also added a treadmill to my sewing area which was a workout itself. i don't know that i am totally sold w/the location of everything but i will give it sometime & see.

short work week for me - i am headed out of town Thur evening for a doc apt on Fri then some sewing and hanging out with my bff.

if anyone is reading this - i hope you have a great 1st week of Spring!

1 comment:

Sophia Mia said...

Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com