Thursday, May 30, 2013

City Sampler QA

as many of you already know the amazing Tula Pink has a new book out.
Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks
i knew i wanted to make this quilt but didn't know when.  didn't know which layout.  i just added it to my 'want to make someday' list.


until i was reading Sara's blog Sew Sweetness and she announced that she would be hosting a quilt along for this book.  that was all the motivation that i needed to jump in and get started.  knowing other quilters out in blogland are quilting along with me through this book helps me to stay on task and get the blocks made.

Sew Sweetness

when it came to picking out fabric it wasn't too hard of a choice for me.  i love the quilt on the cover.  i love Tula's sketches in the book of each block.  so, i dug into my Tula stash for this one.  i think i have fabric from most of her lines.....  not sure if i have all of them.


my plan is to use mainly Tula's fabric in the quilt with only adding some solids here and there.


block #1
as you can see Tula has not named the blocks.  she has given us the privilege of naming our own blocks and really making this quilt our own.  i have some thoughts for a naming them.......  just nothing set in stone yet.




block #2




block #3



i am very happy with how the first 3 blocks have turned out.  i am happy that i have decided to join in on this quilt along with the rest of my blogland friends.  its not to late.  hope over the Sara's blog for all of the details.  there is also a Flickr group so check that out at well.

happy sewing

2 comments:

Sophia Mia said...


Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.

Sophia Mia said...


Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.